The Brain Tumor Center at the University of Cincinnati (UC) Neuroscience Institute offers hope, compassion, expertise and the world’s most advanced technologies to patients from across the region and around the world.
One of nine centers within the UC Neuroscience Institute, we are closely affiliated with University of Cincinnati Medical Center (UCMC), UC College of Medicine, and the UC Barrett Cancer Center at UCMC.
Read More about the Brain Tumor Center
The Comprehensive Stroke Center, together with the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Stroke Team and the surgical/interventional neurovascular program provides a comprehensive center for stroke prevention and treatment of transient ischemic attack (TIA), ischemic stroke, aneurysm, arteriovenous malformation, and other cerebrovascular issues.
Our internationally renowned faculty plays a leading role in clinical research and basic science studies, and the Comprehensive Stroke Center receives referrals from across the Midwest and around the world.
Read More about the Comprehensive Stroke Center
Physicians at the Epilepsy Center at the UC Neuroscience Institute diagnose and treat hundreds of adult patients from across the region each year. Our multidisciplinary team has been together longer than any other epilepsy team in the country. It includes epileptologist, a neurosurgeon who specializes in epilepsy surgery, neuropsychologists, nurse clinicians, neuroscience nurses, and registered EEG technologists.
The Epilepsy Center is the region’s only adult center with a Level IV ratingthe highest rating possiblefrom the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
Read More about the Epilepsy Center
Welcome to the Memory Disorders Program at the UC Neuroscience Institute. Whether you have come to us seeking a diagnosis, a leading treatment, or a path forward, we will provide you or your loved one with advanced, compassionate and competent care.
Read More about the Memory Disorders Center
The Mood Disorders Center at the UC Neuroscience Institute employs the most advanced methods to diagnose and treat adult and adolescent patients from across the Greater Cincinnati region. Our physicians are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of depression, bipolar spectrum disorder, anxiety disorders, cyclothymia and dysthymia. We treat mood disorders induced by alcohol or substance abuse.
Read More about the UC Mood Disorders Center
The UC Neurobiology Research Center highlights the importance of discovery to the University of Cincinnati Neuroscience Institutes mission of education, research and treatment, and it serves as a driving force for the integration of clinical and basic science research programs.
The Neurobiology Research Center coordinates and awards numerous pilot grants each year to further developing research that has the potential to achieve larger grant funding in the future. UC faculty and senior fellows are eligible to compete for the grants, which emphasize collaboration between basic researchers and clinicians.
This Center of Excellence also plays a key role in coordinating recruitment of new neuroscientists at the University of Cincinnati, and enhances an already strong Neuroscience Graduate Training Program.
Read More about the UC Neurobiology Research Center
The Neuromuscular Center at the UC Neuroscience Institute employs the most advanced technologies and therapies to diagnose and treat hundreds of adult patients from across the Greater Cincinnati region each year. Our physicians are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular disorders, which can encompass everything from common low back pain with lumbar nerve root compression (lumbar radiculopathy) to very specific disorders of muscle strength and deterioration (muscular dystrophy). We provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients who are struggling with these difficult diseases.
Read More about the Neuromuscular Center
The ability to speak, hear, taste, smell and swallow are integral to our everyday social interactions, whether at work, at home, or at leisure. The loss of any one of these abilities, which are so often taken for granted, can profoundly affect a patient’s physical and emotional well-being.
Fortunately for people struggling with disorders of the senses, otolaryngologists (ear, nose and throat physicians) at the UC Neuroscience Institute are skilled in the latest ways to diagnose and treat these often debilitating disorders. Many of these disorders require straightforward lifestyle changes (such as smoking cessation) to dramatically improve the function of the senses involved.
In addition, neurosurgeons at the center are internationally recognized for their work in research and treatment of trigeminal neuralgia (facial pain) and other functional pain disorders.
Read More about the Neurosensory Disorders Center
The UC Neuroscience Institute Neurotrauma Center treats patients with traumatic brain and spine injuries. It is based at the Trauma Center atthe University of Cincinnati Medical Center, the only Level 1 adult trauma center in the region. Recognized regionally and around the country for its leadership in trauma care, the Trauma Center is nationally certified by the American College of Surgeons. In addition, University Hospital is home to a nationally certified Adult Burn Unit, the only such unit in the region.
The specialists of the Neurotrauma Center play a life-saving and life-enhancing role in this multidisciplinary effort, and are supported by University Air Care (one of the nation’s most advanced emergency air medical transport services) and the Center for Emergency Care at University Hospital.
Read More about the Neurotrauma Center
The James J. and Joan A. Gardner Family Center for Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders at the UC Neuroscience Institute is one of the most progressive centers of its kind. Our physicians provide each patient with world-class care, beginning with a team analysis by movement disorder experts in the fields of neurology, neurosurgery, and neuropsychiatry.
Experts at the Gardner Family Center treat all movement disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia, and Huntington’s disease. Physicians are often capable of lessening the symptoms of Parkinson’s and other movement disorders through medications and surgical interventions that stimulate the area where nerve cells are affected.
Read More about the Gardner Center for Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders
The Waddell Center for Multiple Sclerosis at the UC Neuroscience Institute is a regional center of excellence, certified member of the National MS Consortium, and an affiliate of the National MS Society. Our internationally recognized team of neurologists, nurses, and therapists works to provide the best treatments available.
The team also includes dedicated researchers who are studying the underlying mechanisms of MS in laboratories and conducting clinical trials funded by foundation grants and the National Institutes of Health.
Continuity of care is essential to help MS patients reach their maximum potential. To achieve this, our physicians remain intimately involved in the care and treatment of MS patients throughout their rehabilitation.
Read More about the Waddell Center for Multiple Sclerosis
The UC Health Headache and Facial Pain Program offers hope to people who suffer from pain and havent found adequate relief.
While an occasional headache is common, when head pain becomes chronic or debilitating, finding answers and relief may be much more difficult.
UC Health brings together some of the nations foremost experts on headache and facial pain in a unique and rare program designed to bring answers and healing.
Read More about the Headache and Facial Pain Program
For patients who are confronting serious injury, severe symptoms, complex surgery or a challenging diagnosis, a short hospital stay and quick recovery are not always possible. They and their families can rest assured, however, that the UC Neuroscience Institute has the most advanced resources, technology and expertise available anywhere in the world. These resources, provided 24 hours a day, are nowhere more evident than in Neurocritical Care.
The ultimate goal of neurocritical care is to resuscitate and support the acutely ill neurological patient, minimize secondary neurological injury and medical complications, and facilitate the patients transition to a recovery environment.
Read More about the Neurocritical Care Program
The Neurorestorative Program at the University of Cincinnati Neuroscience Institute is an integrated multidisciplinary program focused around one goal: restoring function to patients who suffer from painful or life-altering neurological impairments. The Neurorestorative team includes renowned specialists who focus on innovations in the surgical treatment of neurological disorders such as Epilepsy and movement disorders, along with medical treatment of psychiatric disorders such as obsessive-compulsive disorder and depression.
Many patients who benefit from Neurorestorative services also interact with other areas of the Neuroscience Institute in order to receive the most comprehensive care available. With help from our Neurorestorative Program patients see improvements in symptom control and an increasingly better quality of life.
Read More about the Neurorestorative Program
Read more here:
UC Neuroscience Institute | Leading the Advance in …
- The terrorist inside my husband's brain - neurology.org - November 26th, 2016
- The Neuroscience Center of Northern New Jersey - Neurology ... - October 30th, 2016
- Neurology - Wikipedia - October 19th, 2016
- Dr. Antwan Ahad, Neurologist in Secaucus, NJ | US News Doctors - October 10th, 2016
- Neurology - amc.edu - September 28th, 2016
- AMC Neurology Group - Neurology - Albany, NY - Welcome - September 28th, 2016
- Neurology Residency Training Program - Albany Medical Center - September 28th, 2016
- Neurology - IU School of Medicine - September 26th, 2016
- Department of Neurology - Department of Neurology - Home - September 26th, 2016
- Neurology | The GW Medical Faculty Associates - September 13th, 2016
- Neurologists in Secaucus, NJ - Find a Doctor in Your Area - September 8th, 2016
- Home | Advocare Pediatric Neurology Associates - September 8th, 2016
- Best Neurology Doctors in New Jersey - Suggest a Doctor - September 8th, 2016
- Greater Rochester Neurology - August 26th, 2016
- Neurology Center | Leesburg, VA | Northern Virginia Neurologists - August 19th, 2016
- Neurology/Neurosurgery - Leesburg VA, Washington DC - August 19th, 2016
- Neurology Center-Fairfax Ltd - NCF Home - August 19th, 2016
- Seth Tuwiner | Lansdowne, VA | Neurologist, Seizure Specialist - August 19th, 2016
- Neurologists Dr. David W. Morledge, M.D. | Dr. Hana ... - July 8th, 2016
- Sarasota Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- School of Medicine - LSU Health New Orleans - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Our Services - LSU Healthcare Network - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Conference | Neurology Congress | Neuroscience ... - July 8th, 2016
- Johnsonburg, Pennsylvania Borough Information - ePodunk - July 8th, 2016
- Palm Beach Neurology - Our Doctors - Doctors - Carl ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology: Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Division - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Advocate Health Care - July 8th, 2016
- chiropractic neurology and sports rehab in lincoln nebraska - July 8th, 2016
- Neurologist Phoenix | Foothills Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Indianapolis Indiana - Josephson Wallack Munshower Neurology, PC - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Albany Medical College - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology | Define Neurology at Dictionary.com - July 8th, 2016
- The Department of Neurology | Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Houston Sleep & Neurology - About Us - July 8th, 2016
- Department of Neurology - UTHealth Medical School - July 8th, 2016
- facial numbness - Neurology - MedHelp - July 8th, 2016
- What Is a Neurologist? - Brain and Nerve Tests ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neuroscience - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 8th, 2016
- Dr Leah Kroeger - Prince William Neurology - Manassas, Va - July 8th, 2016
- Jacksonville FL Neurologist Doctors - Parkinson's Disease ... - July 8th, 2016
- Home - Department of Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Associates of North Florida - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - St. Joseph - July 8th, 2016
- Neurologists Neurology in Jacksonville, Florida with Reviews ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology | UF Health Jacksonville | University of Florida Health - July 8th, 2016
- What does neurology mean? definition, meaning and ... - July 8th, 2016
- Middle Tennessee Neurology - About Middle TN Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- How do you use the word neurology in a sentence - Answers - July 8th, 2016
- Department of Neurology: University of Maryland School of ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neurological | Define Neurological at Dictionary.com - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Word Parts - Cram.com - July 8th, 2016
- Wilmington Health Neurology in Wilmington, North Carolina ... - July 8th, 2016
- Aphasia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology in Louisville, KY | Louisville Physicians - July 8th, 2016
- The Lancet Neurology - ScienceDirect.com - July 8th, 2016
- Wellington Hospital :: Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Welcome to Texas Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Texas Neurology | Sleep Disorders Center - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Symptoms, Treatments and Resources for Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - New York City - Montefiore Medical Center - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Research - UPMC Pittsburgh Clinical - July 8th, 2016
- Pediatric Neurology | Children's Hospital Pittsburgh - July 8th, 2016
- Our 15 Best Syracuse Neurologists | Angie's List - July 8th, 2016
- Hartford Neurology | Doctors - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Residency - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Associates in Johnson City, Tennessee with ... - YP.com - July 8th, 2016
- Department of Neurology at Miller School of Medicine - October 28th, 2015
- Muscle Twitches All OVER - Neurology - MedHelp - October 19th, 2015
- Albany Medical Physicians: Neurology - September 28th, 2015
- neurology | medicine | Britannica.com - September 28th, 2015
- What is Neurology | University of Maryland Medical Center - September 28th, 2015
- Neurology | Ochsner Health System - September 28th, 2015
- Department of Neurology, - September 28th, 2015
- Neurology BUMC - September 28th, 2015
- Neurology - University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences ... - September 28th, 2015
- Melbourne Neurology About - September 22nd, 2015
- Neurology Doctor New York City, NY - New York Neurology - September 20th, 2015
- Neurology Brooklyn New York | Neurology Services | Neurologist - September 20th, 2015
- New York Neurology - New York Metro | Browse Doctor ... - September 20th, 2015
- Neurology - State University of New York Upstate Medical ... - September 20th, 2015
Recommendation and review posted by Guinevere Smith