Patients who experience neurological challenges are faced with an array of complex decisions concerning their care and treatment. The care and support required extends far beyond the needs of the patient because with neurological disorders, family members and loved ones also experience changes that impact their daily lives. UofL Physicians-Neurology, formerly known as University Neurologists PSC,compriseshighly trained neurologists in Louisville who specialize in conditions that negatively affect the brain and nervous system as a result of injury or disease. Additionally,UofL Physicians – Child Neurology has a team of specialists trained specifically in pediatric neurology. At UofL Physicians-Neurology, we diagnose and treat disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, muscles and nerves throughout the body. Our array of specialized clinical services, including evaluation and management, second opinions for complex cases and diagnostic testing allows us to provide services for both minor disorders and patients who are critically ill.
The UofL Physicians – Neurology clinical subspecialties include: general neurology, stroke, epilepsy, movement disorders, neurodegenerative diseases, multiple sclerosis, neuromuscular disease, clinical neurophysiology, headache, sleep disorders, and child neurology.
UofL Physicians – Neurologys multidisciplinary staff of more than 20 clinical faculty and over 35 department members strives to provide patient-focused, world-class medical care for the entire spectrum of neurological diseases. As researchers and teachers at the University of Louisville School of Medicine, we have a passion and commitment to develop new treatments and cures for neurologic diseases. Our clinical research in stroke and multiple sclerosis are among the fastest growing programs in the country, enrolling patients in important clinical trials with potentially life-saving treatments. Our research in movement disorders, particularly in progressive supranuclear palsy and Parkinsons disease, is internationally recognized as the leading work in this subspecialty of neurology. The programs at UofL Physicians-Neurology involve a worldwide interdisciplinary network of collaboration aimed at developing preventive and corrective treatments for neurological disorders.
Find neurologists in Louisville by viewing the Our Physicians tab.
University of Louisville Physicians Child Neurology offers comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for infants and children with disorders of the nervous system. Our specialists are devoted to promoting the optimal care and welfare of children with neurological and neurodevelopmental disorders. These disorders include epilepsy, cerebral palsy, mental retardation, learning disabilities, complex metabolic diseases, nerve and muscle diseases and a host of other highly challenging conditions.
The child neurologists at UofL Physicians are specially trained physicians who have followed up their four-year medical school education training in pediatrics, general neurology, and pediatric neurology.
UofL Physicians child neurologists diagnose, treat and manage the following conditions:
For more information on Child Neurology, visithttps://www.uoflphysicians.com/child-neurology.
Correct diagnosis of neurologic disorders in older adults can be difficult because signs of disease may mimic normal signs of aging. Also, patients frequently have more than one neurologic problem at once. It can be challenging to find the best treatment once such a problem has been diagnosed.
The team of professionals at the UofL Physicians Neurology practice is led by Dr. Robert Friedland, a nationally and internationally recognized expert, researcher and physician committed to identifying groundbreaking treatments that address the clinical and biological issues associated with Alzheimers and related diseases.
Under Dr. Friedlands leadership, the practice performs an initial comprehensive evaluation, which includes a detailed history and mental status examination; standardized cognitive, functional and depression testing; pertinent neurological and physical examination; laboratory testing; neuroimaging; and referral for neuropsychological testing and for consultation by other team members as necessary. The team identifies risk factors for future cognitive decline and protective factors that may slow future cognitive decline.
Patients then receive a holistic individualized treatment plan, which aims to reduce the impact of risk factors while promoting protective factors along with neuroprotective and cognition-enhancing drugs and supplements.
Epilepsy is diagnosed in 125,000 Americans each year. Finding the experts required to address the condition can be frustrating. With epilepsy, the normal pattern of neuronal activity becomes disturbed, causing strange sensations, emotions and behavior or sometimes convulsions, muscle spasms and loss of consciousness.
Even mild seizures may require treatment because they can be dangerous during activities such as driving or swimming. Treatment which generally includes medications and sometimes surgery usually eliminates or reduces the frequency and intensity of seizures. Many children with epilepsy even outgrow the condition.
The UofL Physicians Epilepsy Program provides comprehensive diagnosis and management for people with epilepsy. Our team of specialists includes epileptologists, epilepsy fellows, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, nurses and EEG technologists committed to providing the best possible care for people with epilepsy. We treat the entire person taking in to consideration age, health and lifestyle to address a treatment that is the most effective for the patient. Education is the key to treating this condition, and our experts invest the time required to assist the patient and their families to fully understand the recommended treatment.
List of Services:
Headaches can range from minor headaches that last a few minutes to intense migraines that may be debilitating. The UofLPhysicians – Comprehensive Headache Program promotes excellence in patient care to individuals with headache and facial pain throughout the Kentuckiana region.
UofL Physicians – Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders, in partnership with Frazier Rehab and Neuroscience Institute, provides state-of-the art, comprehensive care to patients and families with movement disorders.
For more information, visit the UofL Physicians – Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders page or theUofL Medical School’s Neurology page.
The University of Louisville Physicians – Neuromuscular Program provides a full complement of services ranging from clinical assessment, laboratory testing and electrodiagnosis to biopsy and histology of nerve and muscle. Currently, several clinical trials are in place for investigation of new and novel therapies of nerve, muscle and neuromuscular junction disorders.
When it comes to minimizing the effects of stroke, immediate care is vital. The University of Louisville Physicians Neurologists led two nationally recognized stroke Centers set up to make sure stroke patients receive rapid, comprehensive care; University Hospital Stroke Center and The centers offer in-house stroke team available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Combining technology, therapy and treatment, patients receive the most comprehensive care in the region. Examination, laboratory studies, cardiac tests, and state-of-the-art imaging studies can be performed within minutes of a patient’s arrival in the Emergency Care Center. A full range of medical and rehabilitation services is instantly available, from a team that includes neurologists, critical care physicians, interventional neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons, and cardiologists as well as nutritionists, physical therapists, speech-language pathologists, diabetic coordinators, and stroke nurses.
To find out more about the University of Louisville Physicians – Stroke programs please visit University Hospitals Stroke Center.
See the article here:
Neurology in Louisville, KY | Louisville Physicians
- The terrorist inside my husband's brain - neurology.org - November 26th, 2016
- The Neuroscience Center of Northern New Jersey - Neurology ... - October 30th, 2016
- Neurology - Wikipedia - October 19th, 2016
- Dr. Antwan Ahad, Neurologist in Secaucus, NJ | US News Doctors - October 10th, 2016
- Neurology - amc.edu - September 28th, 2016
- AMC Neurology Group - Neurology - Albany, NY - Welcome - September 28th, 2016
- Neurology Residency Training Program - Albany Medical Center - September 28th, 2016
- Neurology - IU School of Medicine - September 26th, 2016
- Department of Neurology - Department of Neurology - Home - September 26th, 2016
- Neurology | The GW Medical Faculty Associates - September 13th, 2016
- Neurologists in Secaucus, NJ - Find a Doctor in Your Area - September 8th, 2016
- Home | Advocare Pediatric Neurology Associates - September 8th, 2016
- Best Neurology Doctors in New Jersey - Suggest a Doctor - September 8th, 2016
- Greater Rochester Neurology - August 26th, 2016
- Neurology Center | Leesburg, VA | Northern Virginia Neurologists - August 19th, 2016
- Neurology/Neurosurgery - Leesburg VA, Washington DC - August 19th, 2016
- Neurology Center-Fairfax Ltd - NCF Home - August 19th, 2016
- Seth Tuwiner | Lansdowne, VA | Neurologist, Seizure Specialist - August 19th, 2016
- Neurologists Dr. David W. Morledge, M.D. | Dr. Hana ... - July 8th, 2016
- UC Neuroscience Institute | Leading the Advance in ... - July 8th, 2016
- Sarasota Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- School of Medicine - LSU Health New Orleans - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Our Services - LSU Healthcare Network - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Conference | Neurology Congress | Neuroscience ... - July 8th, 2016
- Johnsonburg, Pennsylvania Borough Information - ePodunk - July 8th, 2016
- Palm Beach Neurology - Our Doctors - Doctors - Carl ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology: Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Division - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Advocate Health Care - July 8th, 2016
- chiropractic neurology and sports rehab in lincoln nebraska - July 8th, 2016
- Neurologist Phoenix | Foothills Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Indianapolis Indiana - Josephson Wallack Munshower Neurology, PC - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Albany Medical College - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology | Define Neurology at Dictionary.com - July 8th, 2016
- The Department of Neurology | Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Houston Sleep & Neurology - About Us - July 8th, 2016
- Department of Neurology - UTHealth Medical School - July 8th, 2016
- facial numbness - Neurology - MedHelp - July 8th, 2016
- What Is a Neurologist? - Brain and Nerve Tests ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neuroscience - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 8th, 2016
- Dr Leah Kroeger - Prince William Neurology - Manassas, Va - July 8th, 2016
- Jacksonville FL Neurologist Doctors - Parkinson's Disease ... - July 8th, 2016
- Home - Department of Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Associates of North Florida - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - St. Joseph - July 8th, 2016
- Neurologists Neurology in Jacksonville, Florida with Reviews ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology | UF Health Jacksonville | University of Florida Health - July 8th, 2016
- What does neurology mean? definition, meaning and ... - July 8th, 2016
- Middle Tennessee Neurology - About Middle TN Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- How do you use the word neurology in a sentence - Answers - July 8th, 2016
- Department of Neurology: University of Maryland School of ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neurological | Define Neurological at Dictionary.com - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Word Parts - Cram.com - July 8th, 2016
- Wilmington Health Neurology in Wilmington, North Carolina ... - July 8th, 2016
- Aphasia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 8th, 2016
- The Lancet Neurology - ScienceDirect.com - July 8th, 2016
- Wellington Hospital :: Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Welcome to Texas Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Texas Neurology | Sleep Disorders Center - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Symptoms, Treatments and Resources for Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - New York City - Montefiore Medical Center - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Research - UPMC Pittsburgh Clinical - July 8th, 2016
- Pediatric Neurology | Children's Hospital Pittsburgh - July 8th, 2016
- Our 15 Best Syracuse Neurologists | Angie's List - July 8th, 2016
- Hartford Neurology | Doctors - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Residency - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Associates in Johnson City, Tennessee with ... - YP.com - July 8th, 2016
- Department of Neurology at Miller School of Medicine - October 28th, 2015
- Muscle Twitches All OVER - Neurology - MedHelp - October 19th, 2015
- Albany Medical Physicians: Neurology - September 28th, 2015
- neurology | medicine | Britannica.com - September 28th, 2015
- What is Neurology | University of Maryland Medical Center - September 28th, 2015
- Neurology | Ochsner Health System - September 28th, 2015
- Department of Neurology, - September 28th, 2015
- Neurology BUMC - September 28th, 2015
- Neurology - University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences ... - September 28th, 2015
- Melbourne Neurology About - September 22nd, 2015
- Neurology Doctor New York City, NY - New York Neurology - September 20th, 2015
- Neurology Brooklyn New York | Neurology Services | Neurologist - September 20th, 2015
- New York Neurology - New York Metro | Browse Doctor ... - September 20th, 2015
- Neurology - State University of New York Upstate Medical ... - September 20th, 2015
Recommendation and review posted by Guinevere Smith