Welcome to Houstons Sleep Medicine & Neurology Consultants, serving our patients ages 5 years and older. The staff of our practice includes specialists who care for the full range of Neurology and Sleep and Wake Disorders with over 30 years experience. Our specialty group is made up of board certified sleep specialists, board certified neurologists, and nurse practitioners that are dedicated to identifying and providing treatment recommendations for sleep disorders and neurological diseases, by working with patients and their referring physicians. Patients have a choice to follow-up with our staff or return to their own physician.
The goals of the Houston Sleep Medicine & Neurology Consultants are to improve both the quality of sleep and the quality of waking life. When difficulty with sleep at night or excessive sleepiness during the day begins to interfere with lifes functioning, an evaluation with a Board-Certified Sleep Specialist may be indicated.
Todd J. Swick, M.D., F.A.A.N., F.A.A.S.M., Medical Director
Sarah Aquilar, RN, MSN, FNP-C
Education: B.S.-State University of New York at Stony Brook M.D. State University of New York at Stony Brook School of Medicine
Internship/Residency: Long Island Jewish-Hillside Medical Center-Medical, New York, New York; Medical Internship and Neurology Residency including Chief Resident in Neurology.
Board Status: Board Certified, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (In Adult Neurology and the subspecialty of Sleep Medicine) and Board Certified by The American Board of Sleep Medicine.
Fellowship Status: Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology and Fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Academic Appointments: Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology, University of Texas School of Medicine, Houston, Texas.
Hospital Affiliations: North Cypress Medical Center, Medical Director, The Sleep Center at North Cypress Medical Center, Accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center.
Medical Director: The Sleep Center at NCMC, Apnix Sleep Diagnostics; Memorial and Katy Sleep Centers; National Medical Advisory Board; Narcolepsy Network
1. Sleep/Wake Disorders: Narcolepsy, Diseases of excessive daytime sleepiness, Sleep Apnea Syndrome and all variants of sleep disordered breathing, Restless Legs Syndrome/Periodic Limb Movements of Sleep, Insomnia, Parasomnias (abnormal behavior during sleep including sexual behavior) Fibromyalgia, and Sleep Disorders secondary to chronic pain syndromes. Pediatric Sleep Disorders associated with ADD, ADHD, enlarged tonsils/adenoids and congenital disorders that result in sleep disordered breathing such as snoring and Sleep Apnea.
2. General Neurology: Epilepsy, Headache, Parkinsons disease, Dementia including Alzheimers Disease, Movement Disorders and Cerebrovascular Disease (Stroke) associated with sleep and wake disorders.
Dr. Todd Swick is one of the leading sleep specialists in Texas. He has served as the medical director of several of the only fully accredited sleep centers in Houston for the past twenty-five years. He is Board Certified in both Sleep Medicine and Neurology and has been involved in national and international research concerning sleep and wake disorders for over two decades. He has served as a medical-legal consultant on numerous cases involving neurology and sleep medicine throughout the United States. He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to this very new and exciting specialty of Sleep and Wake Disorders and shares his knowledge as a speaker, author and frequent guest on several television and radio shows that have played to both local and national audiences.
Education: BSN, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA; MSN (Family Nurse Practitioner-FNP), Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA.
Experience: Registered Nurse and then Advanced Nurse Practitioner. Trained in Sleep Medicine and active sleep medicine practice for 5 years.
Insomnia; Sleep Apnea Syndrome, Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS), Periodic Limb Movements of Sleep, Parasomnias, Disorders of excessive daytime sleepiness including Narcolepsy, Circadian Rhythm Disorders.
- The terrorist inside my husband's brain - neurology.org - November 26th, 2016
- The Neuroscience Center of Northern New Jersey - Neurology ... - October 30th, 2016
- Neurology - Wikipedia - October 19th, 2016
- Dr. Antwan Ahad, Neurologist in Secaucus, NJ | US News Doctors - October 10th, 2016
- Neurology - amc.edu - September 28th, 2016
- AMC Neurology Group - Neurology - Albany, NY - Welcome - September 28th, 2016
- Neurology Residency Training Program - Albany Medical Center - September 28th, 2016
- Neurology - IU School of Medicine - September 26th, 2016
- Department of Neurology - Department of Neurology - Home - September 26th, 2016
- Neurology | The GW Medical Faculty Associates - September 13th, 2016
- Neurologists in Secaucus, NJ - Find a Doctor in Your Area - September 8th, 2016
- Home | Advocare Pediatric Neurology Associates - September 8th, 2016
- Best Neurology Doctors in New Jersey - Suggest a Doctor - September 8th, 2016
- Greater Rochester Neurology - August 26th, 2016
- Neurology Center | Leesburg, VA | Northern Virginia Neurologists - August 19th, 2016
- Neurology/Neurosurgery - Leesburg VA, Washington DC - August 19th, 2016
- Neurology Center-Fairfax Ltd - NCF Home - August 19th, 2016
- Seth Tuwiner | Lansdowne, VA | Neurologist, Seizure Specialist - August 19th, 2016
- Neurologists Dr. David W. Morledge, M.D. | Dr. Hana ... - July 8th, 2016
- UC Neuroscience Institute | Leading the Advance in ... - July 8th, 2016
- Sarasota Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- School of Medicine - LSU Health New Orleans - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Our Services - LSU Healthcare Network - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Conference | Neurology Congress | Neuroscience ... - July 8th, 2016
- Johnsonburg, Pennsylvania Borough Information - ePodunk - July 8th, 2016
- Palm Beach Neurology - Our Doctors - Doctors - Carl ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology: Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Division - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Advocate Health Care - July 8th, 2016
- chiropractic neurology and sports rehab in lincoln nebraska - July 8th, 2016
- Neurologist Phoenix | Foothills Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Indianapolis Indiana - Josephson Wallack Munshower Neurology, PC - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Albany Medical College - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology | Define Neurology at Dictionary.com - July 8th, 2016
- The Department of Neurology | Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Department of Neurology - UTHealth Medical School - July 8th, 2016
- facial numbness - Neurology - MedHelp - July 8th, 2016
- What Is a Neurologist? - Brain and Nerve Tests ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neuroscience - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 8th, 2016
- Dr Leah Kroeger - Prince William Neurology - Manassas, Va - July 8th, 2016
- Jacksonville FL Neurologist Doctors - Parkinson's Disease ... - July 8th, 2016
- Home - Department of Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Associates of North Florida - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - St. Joseph - July 8th, 2016
- Neurologists Neurology in Jacksonville, Florida with Reviews ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology | UF Health Jacksonville | University of Florida Health - July 8th, 2016
- What does neurology mean? definition, meaning and ... - July 8th, 2016
- Middle Tennessee Neurology - About Middle TN Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- How do you use the word neurology in a sentence - Answers - July 8th, 2016
- Department of Neurology: University of Maryland School of ... - July 8th, 2016
- Neurological | Define Neurological at Dictionary.com - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Word Parts - Cram.com - July 8th, 2016
- Wilmington Health Neurology in Wilmington, North Carolina ... - July 8th, 2016
- Aphasia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology in Louisville, KY | Louisville Physicians - July 8th, 2016
- The Lancet Neurology - ScienceDirect.com - July 8th, 2016
- Wellington Hospital :: Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Welcome to Texas Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Texas Neurology | Sleep Disorders Center - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Symptoms, Treatments and Resources for Neurology - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - New York City - Montefiore Medical Center - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Research - UPMC Pittsburgh Clinical - July 8th, 2016
- Pediatric Neurology | Children's Hospital Pittsburgh - July 8th, 2016
- Our 15 Best Syracuse Neurologists | Angie's List - July 8th, 2016
- Hartford Neurology | Doctors - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology - Residency - July 8th, 2016
- Neurology Associates in Johnson City, Tennessee with ... - YP.com - July 8th, 2016
- Department of Neurology at Miller School of Medicine - October 28th, 2015
- Muscle Twitches All OVER - Neurology - MedHelp - October 19th, 2015
- Albany Medical Physicians: Neurology - September 28th, 2015
- neurology | medicine | Britannica.com - September 28th, 2015
- What is Neurology | University of Maryland Medical Center - September 28th, 2015
- Neurology | Ochsner Health System - September 28th, 2015
- Department of Neurology, - September 28th, 2015
- Neurology BUMC - September 28th, 2015
- Neurology - University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences ... - September 28th, 2015
- Melbourne Neurology About - September 22nd, 2015
- Neurology Doctor New York City, NY - New York Neurology - September 20th, 2015
- Neurology Brooklyn New York | Neurology Services | Neurologist - September 20th, 2015
- New York Neurology - New York Metro | Browse Doctor ... - September 20th, 2015
- Neurology - State University of New York Upstate Medical ... - September 20th, 2015
Recommendation and review posted by Guinevere Smith