North Offers First 2-year Nanotechnology Degree in Pacific NW Program ChoicesExcellent Labs & Internship Opportunities Flexibility & Diversity NSF Grant
North Seattle College is at the center of training in the nanotechnology field, as the first college in the region to offer a 2-year Associate of Applied Science degree in nanotechnology (established 2006) and, more recently, a certificate.
The College partners locally with the growing nanotech industry and with universities, including the University of Washington with its cutting edge nanotechnology facilities.
The National Science Foundation has predicted a growing nationwide demand for technically skilled nanotech workers. North is preparing for that future by training the next generation of scientists and technicians through ground-breaking college courses and by systematically spreading the word to the public and especially young people to guarantee a future workforce for this critically important field.
The Nanotechnology AAS-T degree curriculum was developed jointly with the UW Center for Nanotechnology and Norths Nanotechnology Technical Advisory Committee. A 1-year certificate in nanotechnology is now offered, as well as a transfer pathway to the UW, which offers undergraduate concentrations in nanotechnology.
North’s program benefits from proximity to the UW with access to UW labs, including the microfabrication facility. Campus facilities were developed in partnership with the Washington Technology Center, using state-of-the-art nanotech and lab practices.
Students get hands-on training both on and off campus through labs, clean-room training and internships. Local start-up companies often hire graduates, especially after internship placements.
North’s nano students also have the opportunity to be involved in outreach to the community and in K-12 education projects through a recent National Science Foundation grant award.
The curriculum includes courses in biology, chemistry, physics, math, electronics and anintroduction to materials science the study of the molecular structure of different materials and how that affects their macroscopic characteristics.
Nanotechnology classes are held on campus, scheduled mostly in the daytime, and are hands-on. Chemistry is offered on both a daytime and evening schedule.
The community college setting offers flexibility and responsiveness to changing industry needs. There is a strong focus on undergraduate education at North and a welcome to students of diverse backgrounds. Science interest among nanotech students is basic, but your peers in class could well be interested in photography, English, electronics, radioor simply love tinkering!
In 2012 North Seattle College was named a National Science Foundation (NSF) Advanced Technological Education Regional Center for Nanotechnology Education with a grant of a little under $3 million over four years. This center allows North to expand on the work accomplished over the past three years through a previous NSF Advanced Technological Education project grant.
The Regional Center, called Seattles Hub for Industry-driven Nanotechnology Education (SHINE), works with academic, industry and government stakeholders to promote awareness of the principles of nanoscience and to serve the current and future needs of nanotechnology industries by expanding the diversity and number of trained nanotechnologists in the region (Washington, Oregon and Idaho).
Nanotechnology | NSC
- Nanotechnology congress & Expo - February 6th, 2017
- Maturing Nanotechnology Market- Bharat Book Bureau - December 7th, 2016
- Future Nanotechnology - October 17th, 2016
- Nanotek Conferences | Nanotechnology Conferences in ... - September 22nd, 2016
- Considering Whether an FDA-Regulated Product Involves the ... - September 20th, 2016
- Applications of nanotechnology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - September 13th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - Excelsior College - September 13th, 2016
- Nanotechnology: What it can do for drug delivery - September 8th, 2016
- nanotechnology - National Geographic - September 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - Chemistry (B.S.) | www.bloomu.edu - September 8th, 2016
- The World of Nanotechnology - How Nanotechnology Works ... - September 8th, 2016
- IBM Research | Research Areas | Nanotechnology - September 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology: A simple and fun introduction - Explain ... - September 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - ScienceDaily - September 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - Future Timeline - September 8th, 2016
- What is nanotechnology ? Webopedia Definition - September 8th, 2016
- A Snapshot of Nanotechnology - National Cancer Institute - September 8th, 2016
- What It Is and How It Works | Nano - September 8th, 2016
- Manufacturing at the Nanoscale | Nano - September 8th, 2016
- nanotechnology | Britannica.com - September 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology Basics for Students - September 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology Introduction Pages - September 8th, 2016
- Space Nanotechnology Laboratory | MIT Kavli Institute for ... - September 8th, 2016
- Benefits and Applications | Nano - August 23rd, 2016
- Nanotechnology - Health Effects and Workplace Assessments and ... - August 23rd, 2016
- Nanotechnology Journals | Scholarly articles list | Nanomaterials - August 23rd, 2016
- Nanotechnology-Super Small Science - August 23rd, 2016
- History of nanotechnology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - August 23rd, 2016
- Nanotechnology at Zyvex - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 8th, 2016
- Georgia Tech | Cleanroom - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology News - Nanoscience, Nanotechnolgy, Nanotech ... - July 8th, 2016
- Erie Community College :: Nanotechnology - July 8th, 2016
- What is nanotechnology? | HowStuffWorks - July 8th, 2016
- The Ethics of Nanotechnology - Santa Clara University - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - Friends of the Earth - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - Wikipedia - July 8th, 2016
- Learn About Nanotechnology in Cancer - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - Wikibooks, open books for an open world - July 8th, 2016
- NASA - Nanotechnology - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - US Forest Service Research & Development - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology: The Basics - Rice University | Coursera - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - Simple English Wikipedia, the free ... - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - The New York Times - July 8th, 2016
- Impact of nanotechnology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology Introduction - What is nanotechnology? - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - About.com Education - July 8th, 2016
- Materials and Nanotechnology (NDSU) - July 8th, 2016
- What is nanotechnology (molecular manufacturing ... - July 8th, 2016
- IBM100 - Nanotechnology - July 8th, 2016
- About Nanotechnology - Foresight Institute - July 8th, 2016
- What is Nanotechnology? - ZL Wang's Homepage - July 8th, 2016
- Penn Nanotechnology Masters Degree - July 8th, 2016
- What is Nanotechnology? | National Nanotechnology ... - July 8th, 2016
- Nanotechnology - Food and Drug Administration - July 8th, 2016
- MEMS | Solid State Technology - September 1st, 2015
- Nanotechnology News - Phys.org - August 22nd, 2015
- Nanotechnology News -- ScienceDaily - August 22nd, 2015
- Nanorobotics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - August 7th, 2015
- Nanotechnology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 23rd, 2015
- DNA nanotechnology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 20th, 2015
- Nanotechnology - Applications - July 6th, 2015
- Nanotechnology - Zyvex - July 4th, 2015
- How Nanotechnology Works - HowStuffWorks - July 2nd, 2015
- Nanotechnology - IOPscience - July 2nd, 2015
- What is Nanotechnology? | Nano - June 1st, 2015
- Molecular nanotechnology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - May 21st, 2015
- Welcome to NASA Quest! - May 21st, 2015
- Nanotechnology and Nanoscience Information | AZoNano - May 21st, 2015
- NCI Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer - May 20th, 2015
- Nanotechnology and Emerging Technologies - Nanoscience ... - May 20th, 2015
- Grey goo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - May 20th, 2015
- Bilkent University National Nanotechnology Research Center - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Nanotechnology In Mississippi Works - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Constantly 'dirty', NOT 'dirt'-nanotechnology? - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Science Documentary: Augmented Reality, Nanotechnology, Artificial Intelligence - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- How identify a product with nanotechnology - IDs NANO - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Fogless Shower Mirror, Anti-Fog Nanotechnology - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Marrying Nanotechnology and the Rubber Band to Obtain Synthetic Muscle | Richard Spontak | TEDxNCSU - Video - May 3rd, 2015
Recommendation and review posted by Guinevere Smith