The Future Of Nano Technology
- Alan Watts
- Anti-Aging Medicine
- David Sinclair
- Gene Medicine
- Gene therapy
- Genetic Medicine
- Genetic Therapy
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Human Genetic Engineering
- Human Reproduction
- Integrative Medicine
- Life Skills
- Longevity Medicine
- Medical School
- Nano Medicine
- Parkinson's disease
- Regenerative Medicine
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Stem Cells
- The Anatomy of a Perfect Holiday Board – D Magazine
- Anatomy of a search: As rescue workers search for missing boaters near Oregon, they’re also trying to find closure – SaukValley.com
- Anatomy gym to open in Coconut Grove – The Real Deal
- Greys Anatomy Contributed To Public Awareness Of Sexual Assault Report – Deadline
- ‘The feeling I had after that game was heartbreaking’ – The anatomy of a Leinster final shock – Independent.ie
- verywellfit com
- is this true Allergens in plants produced as a result of genetic engineering can be transferred to human as if humans eat that allergic food
- anti anxiety & nootropics
- Cul3 anxiety
- learned immortality medical
- indexof/ Green Room
- stephen hahn stance on stem cells
- Medical genetics wikipedia
- scarieteen com/glossary#partner
|Search Immortality Topics:|
Category Archives: Transhuman
Some work is underway to revitalize and revamp this site. We’ll be updating the appearance of the site soon. We’re also pushing the link dumps away from here and on to twitter, where we’re posting as @anarchotech.
- July 31st Call to Action Against Racism and Fascism
- Chomsky’s advice for anarchists
- How politics rely on disgust
- Why misogynists make great informants
- Can technology bring on a worldwide social revolution?
- Free software as part of the anarchist toolkit
- Secure communication for Android
- Two new issues of Hack This Zine
- Why transhumanism is the best bet for avoiding extinction (from 2009, but good)
- Monopolists of the genetic code
- Google and CIA invest in future of web monitoring
- Obama’s Surveillance Power Grab
- Corporate profits return, but there’s zero hiring
I have a new Android smartphone, and I was recently looking into options for anonymous browsing on it. The Tor Project offers an app called Orbot that enables using the Tor network, but at the moment it only works on Android 1.x because the 2.x OS doesn’t have a way yet for you to set the proxy. While digging around into some phone hacks, however, I discovered that you can use the Voice Dialer app to run certain commands. By saying “proxy,” for example, you get a proxy configuration screen. Interesting enough, this enables you to set a proxy and run Orbot to use Tor on your phone.
Here’s how to do it:
- Install the Orbot app
- Pull up the Voice Dialer app, and speak the word “proxy”
- In the proxy configuration screen, put 127.0.0.1 and port 8118
- Fire up the Orbot app
- Your browsing session will now be anonymized via Tor (test it here)
- When you’re done, pull up the Voice Dialer again and reset the proxy to return to regular browsing
This works for unrooted phones. This only seems to work via the cell’s 3G connection, not over wifi. It also only anonymizes your browser traffic. For more info, read up on Tor.
- The Appleseed Project: an open-source distributed social networking project. An alternative to Facebook, and unlike Diaspora, is already running. Originated in anarchist circles. Development. Drumbeat. Beta. Latest Source. Facebook. Twitter.
- IT in Developing Nations Makes Women and Poor Happier.
- Infoladies of Bangladesh Revolutionize Rural Life.
- Afrocyberpunk: “But here in Africa, development has been dangerously asymmetrical. By the time any product hits our soil it’s already fully-developed and ready to be abused by the imagination. Technology designed for vastly different societies invariably trickles down to our streets, re-sprayed, re-labeled, and hacked to fit whatever market will take it. Regulation? You can forget about regulation.”
- James Hughes on Beyond the Human Race — and “Human Racism”
- Nobody Encrypts Their Phone Calls. Some interesting links and talk in the comments.
- Google Launches Encrypted Search
- Twitter’s Role in Bangkok Conflict.
- Leaking Legitimacy. “… it’s become increasingly clear that there is a coordinated information operations campaign in place to downplay the impact of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill … eyt another body blow to the nation-state and the global market system as legitimate organizational constructs.”
- Interview with Meredith Patterson from DIYBio
- Craig Venter Creates Synthetic Life: This is major, major scientific news. The ETC calls for a moratorium on synthetic biology (ain’t going to happen). Ken MacLeod offers commentary.
- Open Letter to Glenn Beck from AK Press. “From what sense we can make of your show, you seem happy with “altering” rather than “abolishing” a screwed-up system. For you, replacing the old boss with a new one (Sarah Palin?) is good enough. We understand that you’re confused–these are confusing times. But, deep down, you and the tea partiers know that you can’t trust any politician, or banker, or corporate hack, or union bureaucrat…or anyone who makes their living sucking power and profit from ordinary people. Which, unfortunately, probably includes multi-millionaires like you.